You’re fired!
Well… you’re not. I am. I walked into work this evening and the editors were ready for me. They said I was an instigator of bad relations between management and writers so they terminated our relationship immediately. (Immediately as in standing over me as I cleaned out my desk and turned over my key.) It did come as quite of a shock, but I can’t say I’m upset. I haven’t been happy for a long time. In my own defense, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and my thoughts can only influence others to a certain extent. If other people are unhappy, it isn’t because of what I said. I honestly believe I am good at the work that I do (or did) and I think I made a difference to at least a few people. (There was that award too.) I believe there are some changes about to happen in management and I think they’re trying to send a message to everyone else by using me as an example. I have apparently proved on more the one occasion that I’m vocal about what I think are problems. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. It may be difficult for awhile but I know in the long run they did me a favor. My family and friends have already planned their attack. The only regret I have is that won’t be able to see the girls everyday. But have no fear… they’ll still have me by blog.

2 Comments:
All I can say is that I'm so shocked that this happened. I actually cried when I found out - I feel like one of my friends died tonight. Tasha, you've been so great to me - you helped me when I got stressed out at work, and you helped me get over the stress of being in a new place with new people when I moved here. I'm really, really going to miss you.
Definitely their loss Tash. Shame they've got to find a scapegoat to cover their own faults. I hate how it happened, but I'm glad you are out of that hell hole, and I hope the other girls aren't far behind.
Post a Comment
<< Home