Back to grade school
I feel like I am in third grade, and I sit in front of the little boy who has a crush on me, who shows it by pulling my ponytail.
Y'all know about my whole thing with Bob, the older guy I work with, who has made it very clear since almost Day One that he likes me, but once I started to like him back, decided it was too risky to date someone he worked with. I swear--at work, we act like we're dating, but without anything physical. And for someone who is almost twice my age, he turns into a big kid around me, picking on my constantly.
We went to lunch today, and there was this wierd guy sitting in the booth behind Bob that was just staring at me non-stop. Finally I lean forward toward Bob, so the guy can't see me, and whisper, "There's a really creepy guy behind you who keeps staring at me." So Bob responds, very loudly, "What?!? There's a creepy guy behind me who keeps staring at you?" The guy was not even six inches from Bob's face.
I was mortified. My face was burning red, and then I had to sit there crouched down so Bob was between the guy and me so couldn't see me. Of course, Bob found the situation hilarious, and decided to repeat himself a time or two more, while I threatened, "Shut up! Stop it! Shut up!" to no avail. It was so embarassing, and I could have killed him, but at the same time, I found him absolutely adorable. He just loves getting to me like that, because all the time that I am blushing bright red and fussing furiously at him, I also can't stop smiling at him.
It's so frustrating! It's so obvious that we would be great together, and yes, the age thing and the working together thing are going to present some obstacles, but we get along so well. And I really think he's getting to the point where maybe he'd be willing to date, but he's not going to come out and say that.
So ladies--any advice on seducing him?

3 Comments:
The boys in my second-grade class would tease us girls mercilessly... until the teacher said one day, "You know, boys only tease girls if they like them." Boy, did that shut them up really fast! But alas, it only lasted for a couple days and then they were back to their old tricks. I always think of that when I'm being teased. Sometimes it's a good thing; sometimes a bad thing... usually depending on the boy doing the teasing. ;) As far as seducing him goes, I'm not one for games. Oh wait, who am I kidding?! You could always send yourself flowers and have the card signed with a guy's name just to get a reaction from him. (Not only that, but who wouldn't want a pretty bouquet of flowers on her desk at work? Double bonus!) If he seems interested in any guy you mention - whether it's a friend from college or a waiter who was polite - "jealousy will rear its ugly head." (Sorry, it's a Sports Night quote.) I'd say go with the direct approach but you've already tried that and it didn't work. I would say to keep him off his toes; do things that constantly surprise him so that he'll be even more taken with you. Couldn't hurt, right?
Megan, that site is too funny. However, I think he's wise to the aphrodisiacs. We had this big fundraising event I had to get all dressed up for, so of course I wore something very flattering (it actually made me look like I have breasts!).
Well, I got his attention, but not quite enough...and he headed off the aphrodisiac that might have got me to first base, when someone told him the oysters were good.
His emphatic response: "I really don't think I need oysters tonight."
Damn. Maybe I should have tried to slip him a couple.
Pulling your ponytail? Do you have a weave that we don't all know about?
Post a Comment
<< Home