Writers Bloc 3

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Celebrations of all kinds

So much has happened since I last posted but I'll try my best to summarize. I took a trip last weekend back to my old stomping grounds in Bowling Green and stayed with some friends on the way there and on the way back. Visiting BG always feels like going home. It's so familiar and it's the first place I came into my own as an adult. I love that feeling. Speaking of good feelings... the biggest news is that my brother got married this past Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony in a 200-year-old opera house in our hometown and Kylie and I got to be bridesmaids. It was beautiful and sad and wonderful with all of those other mixed feelings. I was so happy to be a part of it. Everyone had a great time. On Sunday, we threw mom a surprise party for her 50th birthday. We had family and friends over for a cook-out at Kylie's new house and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I got to talk to so many family members and they were all excited for me moving to California. I made the official decision several weeks ago but with everything going on around here, I didn't have time to think about it. Now that I can take a breath, I'm so excited about it and even a little sad. I plan on heading west July 17th so I have less than three weeks to see and do everything I want with my family. It's not nearly enough but I'm so glad I had the past two months with them. I got to decorate for my brother's wedding, help hang drywall at my sister's house and spend extra time with my parents. I'm constantly on an emotional roller coaster ride. When I start thinking about everything going on , I feel like I could laugh and cry at any moment. I'm so fortunate to have these people in my life and so grateful for their love and support. Everyone should be so lucky.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Misty said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you, and that finally sound like you're really happy. I know the move to California is going to be a little scary, but I think it's going to be great for you--even though I won't get to see you much! :( But it gives me a really good reason to finally make a trip west...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home